Miss Davies - Reading
Wednesday 24th March/Thursday 25th
LO: To improve comprehension skills
Complete one comprehension on these famous inventors each day. Complete the VIPERS questions.
Monday 22nd March/Tuesday 23rd - class novel:
Retrieval quiz and VIPERS questions based upon the class novel. Use Point and Evidence for Inference questions.
- Who is the main character?
- Where does he currently live?
- How long has the main character been at the orphanage?
- Which country and year is the story set?
- How many children live in the orphanage?
- What falls in his soup?
- Who are the torture squad?
- How does Felix convince them to leave Jankiel alone?
- How did Jankiel’s parents die?
- How does Felix and Zelda meet for the first time?
- How old is Zelda?
- Summarise the character of Felix in three words again. Have these words changed since Chapter One? Why?
- Summarise why Felix chooses to leave the orphanage in ten words or less.
- Summarise Felix’s experiences outside of the orphanage in fifty words or less.
- Why does Felix decide to tell the girl a story?
- Why do you think the house might be on fire?
- Why do you think Felix gives Zelda more of the bread?
- Why does Felix’s head hurt when he thinks of his parents?
Why does Felix want to distract Zelda?
Challenge - vocabulary:
- What is a ‘vivid imagination’?
- What does ‘gleaming’ mean?
- What does ‘indignant’ mean?